Dairy-Free Cranberry Oat Lactation Cookies
Lactation cookies are a great and delicious way to increase your milk supply, but many of them contain butter, which can cause colic and does terrible things to your already-battered (yes! pun intended!) body.
These fuss-free cookies use coconut oil–another galactogogue and brain booster–instead of butter, making them both fuss-free and guilt-free (as much as that’s possible with a cookie!).
This recipe was originally shared with me by my SIL, but I thought it was way too sweet. After some tinkering, here’s what I came up with.
- 3/4 c coconut oil*
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c almond milk*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal*
- 1 cup AP or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal*
- 4 tbls brewers yeast*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix your wet ingredients to start dissolving brown sugar. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Make 1-2 tbs big balls and flatten onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin to brown
- Let set for a couple minutes before devouring