There are so many great dips for nursing moms, but regular pretzels, bread sticks, pita and corn chips can all cause blood sugar spikes that make your milk dip and your weight soar.
Flax crackers are a great alternative: high in protein and fiber and rich in alpha linoic acid (which converts into Omega 3’s), a great brain food for moms and babies alike. The nutritional yeast in this recipe is loaded with B vitamins, and gives you an added boost of energy.
Another great thing about these crackers is that you can easily change up the flavor by adding garlic, curry powder, or any other seasoning you like!
- 1 cup flaxseed, ground (in food processor) or flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and stir all the ingredients until a thick paste forms. It should be malleable and stick to the spoon. Add more water if necessary.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread a thick layer, about 1/8 of an inch, onto the parchment paper, making sure that the edges are nice and thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn dark, remove from the heat, and allow to cool before eating.