Superfood Quinoa Bars
Superfood quinoa is both nutrient dense, satisfying, and a powerful galactagogue. These simple bars are easy to make in advance and provide a powerful milk boost when you’re running low on energy. The addition of whole wheat flour in the non-gf recipe also ensures that you’re satisfied and don’t have any blood sugar dips, which can easily affect your milk supply.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup millet flour (or whole wheat flour, if not gf)
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp coconut, brown or date sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of dried fruit of your choice, minced.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix all of the ingredients and pour them into an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool before cutting.